I think it’s a love or hate thing. Sweaters are so practical on cold winter days outdoors. There’s nothing cozier than a heavy knit sweater in the wintertime, with or without motifs (preferably with). The coziness factor is a redeeming quality indeed. And decorative motifs can be really cute and silly as they add cheerfulness to the surrounding atmosphere. They can also serve as great conversation starters at holiday events.
So how can something so "ugly" cause such positive Christmas spirit all around? Hmm, a paradox.
The ugly Christmas sweater may not be fashionable… or maybe it can be! D&G has tried their hand at reinventing winter motif sweaters in their current Fall/Winter 2010 ready-to-wear collection. Their contrasting snowflake and reindeer patterns are irresistible and completely wearable. Don’t believe me? The pictures are proof!
Add a leather belt cinched at the waist, a pair of fur trim boots, and voilà! An ugly sweater transformed into chicness. And you thought it wasn’t possible, huh. Ok, so maybe these are the prettier versions of the Christmas sweater, nonetheless the concept remains the same whether you’re wearing a tamed or outrageous sweater.
Clothes should be fun, so why not have fun with a festive item that’s acceptable to wear during the holidays! Love it or hate it, the seemingly ugly Christmas sweater will be around for a long, long time. It’s just one of those seasonal items that will likely never go away. And that’s a good thing, trust me.
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"
"Twas The Night Before Christmas", by Clement Clarke Moore
Share this with your friends!
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Dot & Lil: Bringing Skin Care To A New Level posted on Thursday, 06 February 2014 15:43
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12