The cast was pretty much made up of relatively unknown actors at the beginning, but soon they not only grew in stardom, but also in the world of fashion. From Blair Waldorf’s (played by Leighton Meester) headbands, which she got from Henri Bendel’s in NYC, to Serena van der Woodsen’s (played by Blake Lively) high heels (I have never seen her wear flats in this show), fashion clearly permeates all levels of the show.
Originally a book series by Cecily von Ziegesar, the story portrays the life of privileged young adults in Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The cast also includes Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey, Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald, Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey, Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams & my favourite one of them all, Ed Westwick as the famous Chuck Bass.
The show kind of resembles a soap opera because of the drama, but has a generous serving of current events to entice and hold a younger audience. Since it began in 2007, quite a few celebrities have made cameo appearances. Hilary Duff joined the show for a few episodes, as did Tyra Banks, Tory Burch, Billy Baldwin & even Lady Gaga!
For the show’s season 4 premiere, filming was done in Paris as Serena & Blair left NYC for the summer. For this instance the show even included Fashion’s Night Out, what a treat! I waited all summer for the new season, and I was not let down. New episodes every Monday. Watch in on CTV.ca
You know you love me.
Image from stylecentral.northcoastnow.com
Share this with your friends!
Latest articles from Alice Codrea
- Holiday Gift Suggestions posted on Monday, 06 December 2010 11:20
- MFW19 Day 3 - IRIS Setlakwe's Luxurious Spring/Summer 2011 Collection posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:35
- MFW19 Day 3 - LOVAS spring/summer 2011 delight! posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:04
- MFW19 Day 1 - HELMER Spring/Summer 2011 Montreals Haute Couture posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 15:27
- MFW19 Day 2 - Valerie Dumaine spring/summer 2011 - What a City Girl Wants posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:29
- MFW19 Day 2 - COCCOLILY spring/summer 2011 - Girly and Colourful posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:13
- MFW19 Day 1 - Eve Gravel Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 13:42
- Dinh Bà Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Saturday, 25 September 2010 08:25