BAGS, PURSES & CLUTCHES
Spring purses are all about bright colors and dazzling prints (floral, stripes, zebra, etc.) These are perfect alternatives to the metallic bags we have seen season after season. From large bohemian bags to brightly-hued clutches to multi-colored totes... whatever your choice, boldness is key.
Studded details also give an edge to your bag. Something different to try this season is a tote or clutch with a floral appliqué, such as the Valentino tote for the Spring collection. A long metallic-chained purse is classic (à la Chanel) and complementary to just about any look.
Tip: Neutral and nude colors are also in this season, but try to diversify your look. Perhaps you can reserve the neutral accessories for more sophisticated or feminine ensembles, and instead opt for the bright colors of Spring.
A girl can never have too many shoes! Sky-high heels are all the rage this season. Look for big and chunky heeled sandals with thick straps, or a platform heel for more support. Gladiator flats are most ideal for daytime. Studded details are trendy on shoes as well, whether you’re wearing heels or flats. An all-over print, such as floral, is also hot this spring. Check out Rebecca Taylor’s floral shoes in her Spring/Summer ’10 collection (and for complete look ideas) at style.com. Lace-up platform sandals are new and fresh for spring. Also, try a classic black-and-white oxford style lace-up shoe modernized by a chunky heel and platform front.
Make room for big statement pieces. Whether it is a ring, bangle bracelets or necklace, opt for unique pieces. Long, layered necklaces are definitely a must-have. You might want to try chunky metallic bangle bracelets in your favourite colors. Layered chains are definitely a must-have.
Tip: If you’re going for layers of necklaces and/or chunky bracelets, try to keep the rest of your ensemble simple. Balancing your entire ensemble is essential.
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Dot & Lil: Bringing Skin Care To A New Level posted on Thursday, 06 February 2014 15:43
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12