I stumbled upon Eve Gravel Design by accident. I was rummaging through websites to find something new and fresh to wear, and there it was, like a gift from heaven. Ok, that may sound a bit corny, but if you’ve ever come across a line that so resembles you it’s as though the designer had captured the very essence of your dream and sewn it, you’d understand that what I’m feeling right now is very spectacular. It is not unlike meeting your fashion soul mate.
Described as a line “made for the uncompromising woman who knows who she is,” Eve Gravel Design’s collection has an awe of flawless femininity. The clothes seem tailor-made for the modern, versatile woman.
“I create my collections based on what I experience and what I feel,” explains Gravel. “There are days when I feel like a woman, and others where I feel like a tomboy or a mischievous child."
And it shows because no matter which shoes you have to fill when you get up in the morning – be it mother, daughter, friend, lover or professional – you’ll find your perfect match. These clothes morph into your individuality. Or you into them. Whichever the case, it doesn’t matter, it all fits so beautifully.
After graduating from Ottawa’s Richard Robinson Academy of Fashion and feeling the fashion vibe with Georges Lévesque, Kevin Allwood, and Kathleen Kovats, Eve Gravel launched her eponym label in Montreal in 2002. She quickly went national, before expanding into the U.S. and, of course, France. Eve has been known to dress singers Ariane Moffatt and Jorane, and actress Lucie Laurier, but it is Kate Moss and Vanessa Paradis that she now longs to work with. “I would know what to do with their shapes,” she tells LouLou magazine.
While Eve’s first collections showed a raw, street edge that tend to characterize young designers looking to please the club-hopping crowd, her craft has since evolved and given way to a more stand-alone, timeless beauty. And with the Spring Summer 2010 collection about to hit the stores, Eve has unveiled her Fall-Winter 2010-2011 collection on March 2 during Montreal Fashion Week.
Photographs from the Montreal Fashion Week - Eve Gravel - 2010 fall/winter collection by Abir Shah
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Melanie Clark
- Toys of Yesteryear, Dolls from every Decade posted on Monday, 15 November 2010 00:00
- ‘Tis the season…Cocktail Soirée - Missing Childrens Network posted on Tuesday, 09 November 2010 18:13
- Encouraging Young Designers - Threadless.com posted on Sunday, 07 November 2010 13:34
- Of Bubble tea, Pho and Téh - Montreal Secrets posted on Thursday, 28 October 2010 15:52
- Knee Highs Make My Day posted on Sunday, 24 October 2010 09:02
- Blogging Traps posted on Monday, 13 September 2010 20:53
- ALDO Group renovates Moisson Montreal! posted on Tuesday, 17 August 2010 20:40
- The Making of B.A.B.E. posted on Sunday, 15 August 2010 18:15