Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose

Silvia Di Iorio
Day 2 of Fashion Week was so full of energy and excitement at Arsenal. And of course, more amazing shows from Montreal's own designers.

SYMBIOSE BY HINDA A.

I was pleasantly surprised by Hinda's collection for Winter '13. The pops of color give life and energy to the garments. Just what the winter season calls for! Bright pink, sand, blue klein, and most notably a gorgeous violet were mixed together in cut and sew pieces.

Hinda works very well with wool fabrics, and she plays with cuts and colors to offer something new. The 70s-inspired high waisted pants were definitely my favorites, paired with clean, simple blouses. A classic collection given a youthful facelift through bright colors.

Symbiose by Hinda - Fall/Winter 2013/14

NISSE

Designer Nargisse Akyuz really did a great job with her winter collection. The details and ensembles were just gorgeous. Wool coats were made different through a wide variety of collars and cuts. The wool coat with large cascading collar is my favorite - simply stunning!

A touch of gold fabrics and trims, as well as silver glitter accents, pulled it all together nicely. As for the red pieces - that is as red as you can get. Really an enjoyable show and collection.

NISSE - Fall/Winter 2013/14

RALPH LEROY

Ralph promised a fantastic show, and he delivered!

If you've been following my inside access coverage, then you knew what to expect... but there were still a few surprises left kept hush until show time. The straw corsets with what Ralph calls his "Congo skirts" looked stunning as his top models made their way on the stage. The slim tailored suits with soft leather trim for men and women looked gorgeous, and I had a flashback of touching those fabrics prior to cutting and sewing.

Glittery dresses with bows tied at back waist flowed softly for the finale of the show.

But that wasn't all!

Then dancers dressed in fun costumes emerged and entertained the full house, which included celebrity guest Will Smith. It was quite a successful spectacle and I feel truly thankful to have been given the opportunity to follow Kenscoff behind the scenes. Looking forward to more Ralph Leroy shows in the future!

Ralph Leroy - Fall/Winter 2013/14 - Kenscoff

more pictures of the Montreal Fashion Week 24 on www.facebook.com/MontrealFashion

Credits:
PETER FORD PHOTOGRAPHY

Professional Fashion and Event Photography in Montreal
www.fordography.com

Peter Ford Fordography on Facebook

Silvia Di LorioSilvia graduated from LaSalle College in Fashion Design and then obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University with a major in English Literature and minor in Art History. She has been working in the industry as a fashion designer for a few years now.

Silvia is also one of the writers we recommend to those who are looking for talented and reliable fashion writers.

Click here to get in touch with Silvia.

Share this with your friends!

Like this? Tweet it to your followers!

Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio

blog comments powered by Disqus

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed 
Upcoming Fashion Events

No current events.

Banner
Fashion Biz Newsletter
* indicates required