SYMBIOSE BY HINDA A.
I was pleasantly surprised by Hinda's collection for Winter '13. The pops of color give life and energy to the garments. Just what the winter season calls for! Bright pink, sand, blue klein, and most notably a gorgeous violet were mixed together in cut and sew pieces.
Hinda works very well with wool fabrics, and she plays with cuts and colors to offer something new. The 70s-inspired high waisted pants were definitely my favorites, paired with clean, simple blouses. A classic collection given a youthful facelift through bright colors.
Designer Nargisse Akyuz really did a great job with her winter collection. The details and ensembles were just gorgeous. Wool coats were made different through a wide variety of collars and cuts. The wool coat with large cascading collar is my favorite - simply stunning!
A touch of gold fabrics and trims, as well as silver glitter accents, pulled it all together nicely. As for the red pieces - that is as red as you can get. Really an enjoyable show and collection.
Ralph promised a fantastic show, and he delivered!
If you've been following my inside access coverage, then you knew what to expect... but there were still a few surprises left kept hush until show time. The straw corsets with what Ralph calls his "Congo skirts" looked stunning as his top models made their way on the stage. The slim tailored suits with soft leather trim for men and women looked gorgeous, and I had a flashback of touching those fabrics prior to cutting and sewing.
Glittery dresses with bows tied at back waist flowed softly for the finale of the show.
But that wasn't all!
Then dancers dressed in fun costumes emerged and entertained the full house, which included celebrity guest Will Smith. It was quite a successful spectacle and I feel truly thankful to have been given the opportunity to follow Kenscoff behind the scenes. Looking forward to more Ralph Leroy shows in the future!
more pictures of the Montreal Fashion Week 24 on www.facebook.com/MontrealFashion
Professional Fashion and Event Photography in Montreal
Silvia graduated from LaSalle College in Fashion Design and then obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University with a major in English Literature and minor in Art History. She has been working in the industry as a fashion designer for a few years now.
Silvia is also one of the writers we recommend to those who are looking for talented and reliable fashion writers.
Click here to get in touch with Silvia.
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Dot & Lil: Bringing Skin Care To A New Level posted on Thursday, 06 February 2014 15:43
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12