Some Glitter Some Not - MFW21 - Day 1 #smm21

Semaine de Mode Montréal 21
Yet another Montreal Fashion Week is upon us, the 21st edition, put together by the folks at SMM. Seems like the event is a bit less 'glitzy'. Probably a sign of 'cut-back' times, OR that the best is yet to come.

I had scheduled for only a couple of shows and got to Marché Bonsecours in time for Dinh Bà Design, which was a full house. Here are my initial, tweeted impressions.

DinhBa

On Twitter?

However, I quite liked the elaborate detailing in the spring/summer2012 collection presented by Dinh Bà this evening.

Dinh Ba spring/summer 2012

Dinh Ba spring/summer 2012

Dinh Ba spring/summer 2011

I think it no small accomplishment that, Dinh Bà has been part of the line-up of talent, at every Montreal Fashion Week we have covered. The effort and creativity required to put together these collections are phenomenal; even without the resource restrictions that up-and-coming designers have to contend with.

Martin Lim

Newbies to MFW, the husband and wife duo of Pao Lim and Danielle Martin, made a great first impression with their Martin Lim SS/2012 collection. Comfortable, elegant, beautifully cut!

Martin Lim S/S 2012

Martin Lim S/S 2012

Martin Lim s/s 2012

Montreal Fashion Friends

The highlight of the evening was the chance to catch up with my good friend Ralph Leroy and many other denizens of the Montreal Fashion scene. Look forward to meeting up with Ralph again, later this month.

With Ralph Leroy

You remember Michael Eardley, don't you?

Michael Eardley

The lovely and refreshingly honest Myriam, learn more about her at paperplanes.ca

Myriam of paperplanes.ca

Danisha (danishaz.blogspot.com) and Noelly (miss-sly). Always good to meet.

Danishaz and Noelly

Looking gorgeous in that hat. You couldn't miss Candice (montrealinfashion). Wish I had clicked a better picture to do her justice.

Candice

Spotted at MFW! Marie-Ève Beaudoin glitters.

Spotted at MFW21

Looking for more about yesterday? Check out the bloggers above.

More to come this week.

Photo Credits: Jimmy Hamelin, Allen McEachern, LP Maurice

Share this with your friends!

Related Montreal Fashion News...

Like this? Tweet it to your followers!

Latest articles from Shilpa Varghese

blog comments powered by Disqus

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed 
Upcoming Fashion Events

No current events.

Banner
Fashion Biz Newsletter