When I say we need fats I will be speciﬁc, we have to eat the right kinds of fats. Good fats help to maintain optimally the health and function of all your important organs. What you need to get rid of is the trans fat and saturated fats which are found in meats, dairy and processed foods such as crackers and cookies (see list below). The majority of your daily fats should come from polyunsaturated and monounsaturated sources, although most of us get enough polys from such things as corn oil and safﬂower oil. Both mono and poly are vital to blood clotting, muscle contraction, relaxation (yes it helps with STRESS), and inﬂammation. Both are known to reduce the LDL (bad cholesterol) without lowering the HDL (good cholesterol), therefore they improve your cholesterol.
Keep in mind you need to maintain a balanced diet, and doctors and dietitians recommend that only 20 to 30 percent of your daily calories come from healthy fats. Take a look at the list below to help guide you make healthy choices; you will notice that most of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are liquid at room temperature, such as olive oil, safﬂower oil, peanut oil, etc., and the bad fats are hard when cool such as butter, fat off of meats.
Fat free is a fallacy, it is obesity’s greatest enabler by tricking you into eating more calories with increased consumptions of reﬁned carbohydrates, such as sugar. Next time you are going grocery shopping print the list above which will guide you into making better health choices, and then when you sit down to a well balanced meal enjoy without the focus on eating fat free.
Share this with your friends!
Visit her at : http://crystalfitness.net/
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Crystal Champagne
- How Sugar Affects your Health posted on Friday, 20 December 2013 00:00
- Fight the FAT FREE Craze posted on Monday, 23 September 2013 15:07
- Power of Alkalinity, Go Green posted on Thursday, 25 July 2013 15:51
- Which Yoga Practice is Best for You? posted on Monday, 13 May 2013 21:06
- Live The Life You Deserve posted on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 14:39
- Caught in a Winter Slump? Reboot your Metabolism posted on Sunday, 20 January 2013 11:36
- What's Your Body Type? Endomorph, Mesomorph or Ectomorph? posted on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 00:37
- Green Bean Extract- Does the Miracle Pill to Burn Fat Work? posted on Monday, 22 October 2012 12:36