- Low calorie: < than 40 calories per serving.
- Fat free: < than ¼ gr of fat per serving (check out the sugar content, you will notice in all likelihood it's be pretty high).
- Sugar free: < than ¼ gr of sugar per serving (4 gr’s of sugar = 1 tsp of sugar).
- Calorie Free:< than 5 calories per serving.
- Organic: grown free of antibiotics and pesticides.
- Light: 1/3 fewer calories, or half the amount of fat than the usual food.
- Good Source of: provides more than 10% of the daily value of a specific vitamin or nutrient.
- High in: provides more than 20% of the daily required nutrient.
- Low Cholesterol: < than 20 milligrams of cholesterol and 2 grams less of saturated fat per serving. This marketing label you see often on items that never had cholesterol to start, such as breads.
I try to go shopping with a grocery list in hand, so that way I buy only what I need. Also, try to choose real food versus food products. Food products tend to be high in preservatives, high in fat, and sodium. For example: cheese spreads are a food product, and if you ever read the label they are high in saturated fats, sodium, and other strange chemicals. I have always said if you don’t understand the products listed, neither does your body; which usually means it is most likely not the best thing for you. Instead closer to nature the better - natural foods win hands down.
Also when walking down the grocery aisle, I look from top to bottom on the shelves. I have noticed for the most part, that healthier items tend to be not at eye level. Comparing food labels also help when trying to choose healthy food items. Lastly I try to avoid shopping when hungry, that way I avoid buying on impulse which usually means CHIPS!
"Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness." – Edward Stanley
Share this with your friends!
Visit her at : http://crystalfitness.net/
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Crystal Champagne
- How Sugar Affects your Health posted on Friday, 20 December 2013 00:00
- Fight the FAT FREE Craze posted on Monday, 23 September 2013 15:07
- Power of Alkalinity, Go Green posted on Thursday, 25 July 2013 15:51
- Which Yoga Practice is Best for You? posted on Monday, 13 May 2013 21:06
- Live The Life You Deserve posted on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 14:39
- Caught in a Winter Slump? Reboot your Metabolism posted on Sunday, 20 January 2013 11:36
- What's Your Body Type? Endomorph, Mesomorph or Ectomorph? posted on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 00:37
- Green Bean Extract- Does the Miracle Pill to Burn Fat Work? posted on Monday, 22 October 2012 12:36