However, some of us pay a price if we play too often, and it is called “tennis elbow” also known in medical terms as lateral epicondyle tendinosis. It is one of the most common overuse injuries related to sports. Due to prior experience, this summer I knew enough to take some preventative measures in order not to have “funny bone syndrome”. In doing so I thought maybe some of you who play tennis might benefit from my humble advice.
First of all, there is a preventive step which will help avoid this nasty affliction, and it is called the “Reverse Wrist Curl”. Video below for details regarding this exercise, which targets the muscles surrounding this vulnerable area.
The second piece of advice I would like to offer is that if you do feel inflammation, the best solution is give it time to heal. Sometimes the symptoms may last up to a year, but don’t get discouraged because honestly most of the players I know who have suffered from this have returned after some good R&R. It is important however, that when you do feel pain, to ice the area which can last anywhere from a few hours up to 24 hours.
From my experience an anti-inflammatory such as Advil helps tremendously, in more severe cases doctors can administer steroidal injections. Lastly a supportive wrap worn just below the elbow joint can offer support. You can find these wraps at a local pharmacy or you can order one online at www.thebraceshop.com
Remember summer is short in Montreal so let’s enjoy, and if you are playing outdoors, don’t forget that WATER!!! :)
Share this with your friends!
Visit her at : http://crystalfitness.net/
Latest articles from Crystal Champagne
- How Sugar Affects your Health posted on Friday, 20 December 2013 00:00
- Fight the FAT FREE Craze posted on Monday, 23 September 2013 15:07
- Power of Alkalinity, Go Green posted on Thursday, 25 July 2013 15:51
- Which Yoga Practice is Best for You? posted on Monday, 13 May 2013 21:06
- Live The Life You Deserve posted on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 14:39
- Caught in a Winter Slump? Reboot your Metabolism posted on Sunday, 20 January 2013 11:36
- What's Your Body Type? Endomorph, Mesomorph or Ectomorph? posted on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 00:37
- Green Bean Extract- Does the Miracle Pill to Burn Fat Work? posted on Monday, 22 October 2012 12:36