The show is on Tuesday and there is still a lot of running around to do, despite the collection being done. As a Haiti native, Madeline also feels a deep connection with the Kenscoff theme. She says that this is Ralph’s way of combining his two cultures, Haitian and Canadian, in one fashion collection: “a contradiction in harmony”. How does he represent that? Through the fabrics of course!
Madeline brought with her, straws from Haiti. Ralph is incorporating actual straw to construct some of his most unique pieces, but combining the straw with fabrics from Montreal to create one-of-a-kind ensembles. In a sense, Madeline says it “brings together the two cultures with fabrics. It’s the best of both worlds.”
It has taken nearly a week and a half to hand make corsets entirely out of straw. I had the privilege of viewing a few and I have to say that this is art in the making. Ralph will be combining these with what he calls “Congo skirts”. Can’t wait to see how Kenscoff comes together.
So there you have it. Bizvie insider's look at a collection in the making within the weeks just before Fashion Week – but that’s not all! More surprises to come at the fashion show! Be there!
Silvia graduated from LaSalle College in Fashion Design and then obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University with a major in English Literature and minor in Art History. She has been working in the industry as a fashion designer for a few years now.
Silvia is also one of the writers we recommend to those who are looking for talented and reliable fashion writers.
Click here to get in touch with Silvia.
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Dot & Lil: Bringing Skin Care To A New Level posted on Thursday, 06 February 2014 15:43
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12