|Coin de Boutique|
Indeed, the personal shopping/image consultant/fashion stylist 2-women biz organized a special Hervé Léger sale for members and friends. For those of you who were not alive in the 1980s and have not bothered doing your due diligence, Hervé Léger was a huge fashion hit during that decade. He pioneered what even the most secure woman dreads, the body-conscious look, by designing cult dresses that cling to every curve of your figure. As trends come and go, so did the bandage dress, but the label was revived by BCBG designer Max Azria in 2007, and has since once again reintegrated every stylish celebrity’s wardrobe.
In addition to a marvellous (and might I add, perfectly timed before the big V day of February) soirée, courtesy of our friends at Très Chic, event-goers had the privilege of browsing through LXR Luxury Products’ carefully selected, most unique merchandise. Anyone in for discounted vintage (is that even possible?) Chanel, LV, or Hermès? Yeah, I thought so.
I recently caught up with LXR president Frederick Mannella who assured me that his team of treasure hunters were still out there, scouring the world looking for those rare, elegant additions to what has now become Montreal’s prime candy store for fashionable adults. You need to drop in the Queen Mary store to truly get its essence. You’ll be amazed at how comfortable one can feel when surrounded by so much exclusivity at such bargain prices. But beware… LXR is not for the faint of heart... The store was built for the connoisseur who understands; feels and loves luxury products. Think SJP on the cover of Vogue. Think Carrie Bradshaw at an up-and-coming art gallery. Think NYC in your wildest dreams.
LXR can also be found on the web for you paypal-loving gals, and the company offers guaranteed exchanges if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase. But trust me, you will be.
And now that I missed out on the VIP evening because of an unfortunate “work accident,” I may drown my sorrows and regrets in that fabulous Hermès Herbag PM that the store is offering online for only $600.
More info on website of LXR luxury2ndhand.com
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Melanie Clark
- Toys of Yesteryear, Dolls from every Decade posted on Monday, 15 November 2010 00:00
- ‘Tis the season…Cocktail Soirée - Missing Childrens Network posted on Tuesday, 09 November 2010 18:13
- Encouraging Young Designers - Threadless.com posted on Sunday, 07 November 2010 13:34
- Of Bubble tea, Pho and Téh - Montreal Secrets posted on Thursday, 28 October 2010 15:52
- Knee Highs Make My Day posted on Sunday, 24 October 2010 09:02
- Blogging Traps posted on Monday, 13 September 2010 20:53
- ALDO Group renovates Moisson Montreal! posted on Tuesday, 17 August 2010 20:40
- The Making of B.A.B.E. posted on Sunday, 15 August 2010 18:15